Chocolate-covered strawberry brownies are a decadent dessert made with fresh strawberries on top of fudgy chocolate brownies.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownies
“Imagine biting into the fudgiest brownie you can think of. Now imagine that brownie topped with freshly cut strawberries and a smooth layer of chocolate. That is what these strawberry brownies taste like.”
How to make chocolate covered strawberry brownies
Start with my fudgy chocolate brownies recipe of your choice and let them cool completely. Top the cooled brownies with freshly cut strawberries and melted chocolate or chocolate ganache. Yes, it’s that simple! Here is what you need…
Chocolate covered strawberry brownie ingredients
- 7 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Chocolate covered strawberry brownie instructions
- Melt the chocolate: Use the double boiler method or melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Add the cocoa: Whisk in the unsweetened cocoa to the melted chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix wet ingredients: Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Combine all the ingredients: Whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Bake the brownies: Bake in an 8×8-inch pan lined with parchment paper for 30 minutes at 350 F. Cool completely.
- Make the chocolate ganache: Melt chocolate and heavy cream together (more on this below).
- Assembly: Arrange the strawberry halves on the brownies, pour chocolate ganache over the strawberries and let set.
How to make chocolate ganache
Chocolate ganache calls for heavy cream and chocolate chips. In a sauce pan over low heat, heat heavy cream until warm, but not bubbling. Remove from heat and right away add add the chocolate chips. Stir until melted. If the chocolate doesn’t melt completely, return to heat for 30 seconds to help the chocolate melt. Pour warm ganache over strawberry brownies.
FAQ about chocolate covered strawberry brownies
Can you use brownie mix for strawberry brownies? Yes, brownie mix can be substituted in this recipe. Follow the box instructions for an 8×8 pan and let the brownies cool completely. Make the chocolate ganache from scratch when you add the chocolate covered strawberry topping.
How do you store chocolate covered strawberry brownies? Once the brownies cool and the ganache is set, cut and layer the brownies in an airtight container. Use parchment between the layers so the brownies don’t stick. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Can you use melted chocolate instead of chocolate ganache? I originally published this recipes in 2017 with melted chocolate as the topping. Melted chocolate drizzled on top solidifies more and kind of breaks off of the brownie when bitten into. While they brownies still taste amazing, the process of eating the brownies isn’t as satisfying.